Dataflow with Complex Machine Operationsand combined with LGDF
Often: use of FIFO-buffers to decouple the firing stage and the execution stage
- bridges different execution times within a mixed stream of simple and complex instructions.
- Major difference to pure dataflow: tokens do not carry data (except for the values true or false).
- Data is only moved and transformed within the execution stage.
- Applied in: Decoupled Graph/Computation Architecture, the Stollmann Dataflow Machine, and the ASTOR architecture.
- These architectures combine complex machine instructions with large-grain dataflow.