speculative load instruction ld.s
speculative check instruction chk.s
- inserts the matching check immediately before the particular instruction that will use the data,
- rearranges the surrounding instructions so that the processor can issue them in parallel.
- the processor encounters the ld.s instruction first and tries to retrieve the data from the memory.
- ld.s performs memory fetch and exception detection (e.g., checks the validity of the address).
- If an exception is detected, ld.s does not deliver the exception.
- Instead, ld.s only marks the target register (by setting a token bit).